By using this website, you agree to our privacy policy [ Ok ]

OpenSource is an incredible career asset

by Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer

After sometimes I realised that contributing to OpenSource is an incredible asset.

As time passes, one realises that questions about impact as a junior engineer, how to do amazing code reviews etc are covered 80% if you have a good OpenSource background (soft skills the other 20%).

This is true at even FAANG level.

FAANG companies remain well, companies. Broader OpenSource lessons beat FAANG insights many times. Lessons in supply chain and dependency for example are better learnt in an OpenSource context than at a company by itself.

The robustness and thoroughness some open projects have are just over the moon 🚀. Contribution, maintenance and dealing with people are 3 incredible keys that you pocket for free.